Thursday, October 7, 2010

Female football (soccer in US) fans!

  Good evening people! Just to revise the unit about female fans at Euro 2008...

  The passage is about the reasons why more and more females are interested in football which used to be a  man's game. So, it might be possible to say that the main idea of the passage is,                                         
 "There are several reasons why more females are interested in football". 

  We also did some reference work and word-finding today.

  Keep in mind that your knowledge of the words we find might be tested in the exam!

         hardcore     
         endure 
         banish

Perhaps you would like to use them in your own sentences. I will give you an example if you don't mind. 

"2010 World Cup viewers had to endure the terrible noise of vuvuzelas throughout the games."


  a question:  What is the main idea of paragraph 3?

7 comments:

  1. İt is handsome players's attractiveness and inpiration on female fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S: Main idea is a full sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How a woman can become a hardcore fan of soccer, i sincerely can't understand this.Like a man who is the fan of fashion..
    (is there any necesserity for me to repeat 3rd q's answer again?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of soccer.but hardcore? maybe =)
    ı think it's all about your team,fans of your team and the person who you shared the atmosphere with...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments. I'm impressed! I never thought that I would become a football fan one day. Thanks to my wife, who is a hardcore Fenerbahce fan, I have become a FB fan, too. Yes, I have been watching football games since I got married. Lol! In fact, a couple of times, I have been to S.Saracoglu stadium to see some live action. It was wonderful to be there. Oh, one time I have been to Ali Sami Yen, but that was for a Metallica concert!

    ReplyDelete